WSO NG Awards recognizes individuals and corporate entities who has excelled in various roles in the HSSE and allied fields. The World Safety Organization, National Office for Nigeria administers the awards.
The awardees will be presented with distinguished plaques, among others. The awards will be bestowed during the WSO NG prestigious National Conference and Awards (WSO NatConf & Awards 2020) ceremony. Please note that this year’s event will hold online due to the current global health challenge.
Nominee General Qualification
- posses a current HSSE certification/qualification
- currently work in safety or a safety related field
- have demonstrated exemplary performance above and beyond the scope of assigned responsibilities in ONE of the following areas:
- Brought about significant positive change in safety by developing or utilizing company safety practices, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated innovation and proactive leadership utilizing highly effective practices to inspire and lead others to practice safe work habits
- Appreciated substantial cost-effectiveness through improvements to environmental safety and health policies, practices and/or programs that result in a safer workplace while supporting lean and green initiatives.
- Building relationships/partnerships with others in the profession and/or community
Listed below are the number of awards to which presentations are limited. The support of the WSO purpose “…to protect people, resources, environment and property” and the support of the WSO motto “Making Safety A Way Of Life…Worldwide” are nominal for all awards.
- WSO-NG Environmental/Occupational Safety Person of the year (1 Award)
- WSO-NG Concerned Professional Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG Concerned Citizen Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG Concerned Organization Award (2 Awards)
- WSO-NG Partner of the Year Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG BEDC OSH Merit Award (3 Awards)
- WSO-NG Lateef A. Alebiosu Fire Safety Management Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG Felix E.K. Nakpodia International Safety Achievement Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG Armstrong Oyakhilome Environmental Safety Achievement Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG M.O. Ibadin Educational Achievement Award (1 Award)
- WSO-NG Bamisayo Oluwagbemi Public Health & Safety Achievement Award (3 Awards)
- WSO-NG UBTH Occupational, Community & Public Healthcare Distinguished Service Award (2 Awards)
- WSO-NG Henzof Nigeria Safety Engineering Innovation & Achievement Award (2 Awards)
- WSO-NG Hybrid Group Award for Achievement in Scientific Research and Development (2 Awards)
- WSO-NG Ikeja Electric Zero Harm, Zero Fatality Achievement Award (2 Awards)
- NIMASA Marine Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Achievement Award (2 Awards)
Click HERE to download award criteria.
Deadline for nominations: August 30, 2020