The World Safety Organization (WSO) National Office for Nigeria was chartered on September 06 2012, by the CEO of World Safety Organization, World Management Center (WMC), Mr. Lon McDaniel. It was co-sponsored by the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), a federal Government parastatal, with specialty in occupational health and safety related field and Danarich Creative Concept Limited, an HSE training and consulting outfit.
Charged with the power to represent, administrate and carry out all duties and responsibilities of the WSO National Office for Nigeria and act on behalf of the WSO-WMC, within the confines of the WSO constitution. On December 18th 2013, the WSO Nigeria Chapter was granted for the area of Nigeria, to further assist WSO members locally in their professional development and other local activities.
WSO Nigeria is a non-governmental professional health, safety, security and environment agency established to help assure healthy and safe working conditions for the nigerian people by providing training, education, research, and information related to the field of occupational safety and health. We are determined to creating a properly managed safety culture with a focus on producing individuals who will take an active role to identify potential hazards, thus establishing the foundation for an effective culture of safety. We look to foster the knowledge and development of health and safety in all its aspects.
The WSO is saddled with the objectives of encouraging the effective exchange of information and experiences between and among the members; collaborating with other international organizations in conducting activities of mutual concerns, interest and directions; promoting the continuous upgrading of the safety and accident prevention technology and these fields related to losses of lives, property and environment; striving for a universal level of professionalism and competence among its members and WSO non-members whose functions are related to safety; and performing such other necessary acts and functions relevant to the WSO overall theme “Making Safety A Way of Life…Worldwide”.
WHAT WE DO:
- International Professional Membership Development
- Safety & Emergency Response Ready (SAFERR) Project:
- SAFERR School
- SAFERR Campus
- SAFERR Community
- WSO International Volunteer Scheme
- International Professional Certification
- The WSO publishes WSO newsletters, and WSO safety journals.
- The WSO provides a network program linking various areas of professional expertise needed in today’s international community.
- The WSO develops training programs essential to national and international safety and establishes centers to support these programs.
- Training course / seminar services (competence, leadership development, personal safety).
- Manpower supply, temporary staff hiring – technical (employment agency, long term, recruitment agency, short term).
- Home safety
- School safety
- Office safety
- Facility safety
- Factory safety
- Crafting company HSE policy/manual
- Facility auditing, compliance and certification
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental, health, safety & security management
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
Ambulances, anesthetic & resuscitation equipment, consumables, dressings, first aid kits, paramedic kits, stretchers.